Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Stealing us blind.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  You are named after a sax player from my neighborhood?  

" Unless things change quickly, this planet is heading toward economic, environmental, and geostrategic shocks of the very first order of magnitude. An eco-pedagogy for anarchist bioregions might be part of the solution."  

Yep.  Standardization is a relic of the industrial age.  We finally figured out how to run a 19th century factory.  Although we needed 20th century computers to do it.  

We made a deal with the devil.  Standardization is great for making interchangeable parts.  Through selection pressure and ease of making data, the dogma of the writing department here revolves around page-count, "rough drafts" and "peer review" (another way of teaching groupthink).  

Yeah... "standards" allowed us to sell arts credit hours on the coat-tails of useful stuff like science and technology.  The Queen's worker bees naturally enforced arranging words and counting pages thinking they were "teaching writing."  They demanded another dumb rubric.   

Standardization is a relic of the industrial age.

I can't put forward anything resembling a cogent argument against that statement.  Reminds me a bit of Foucault's bit about the factory model for the school.

This is the woo woo that I'm into... for now.  

"Climb for all the juice is worth to see far horizon curve and there it is:  an airship wearing a bright-green envelope like the Foucault with her technology and bloggers."    

“I’m proud that some people think that I’m a danger for the intellectual health of students” (Martin et al. 1988: 13)

Ralph Ring is also a student of the bumblebee.   

About a year ago, the med fucks wanted to do an ablation procedure.  After the valve... didn't have much choice.  Later they installed a pacemaker when I was too fucked up to resist or research.  Didn't need one.  Then it was $ co-pay every month to get them to read the data over some kind of crude-ass telemetry.  Oh well.. every 6 months is OK then... fuck them.  I didn't do that either.  Then they came up with this ablation procedure.  I found out (through back channels) that they were trying to fill a marketing niche by importing green docs who had done this procedure a few times... so they could "corner the market."  

Now they refuse to give me my "life saving" meds because the docs don't want to "risk exposure."  I am supposed to get my meds mail-order so the insurance fucks can save a penny a pill,  Some collection fucks cleaned out my checking account to pay for my Book9+ (computer I am using now)... and today I just got a bill from Best Buy (they're the ones who factored it to the credit sharks after 30 days).  Predatory capitalism at its finest.  

You can't trust the docs.  You can't trust your family.  Everybody's working a scam.  

well, in my magical life, here in Fairyland, we have just had the sunny weeks and now we are going to have the wet ones.

have been photographing our local theatre, paid for by public subscription in the seventies, and closed by the men who are dealing land development and turning public places to private ugliness.
have a placard in my garden for the National Health Action party, general and local elections in two weeks. this must mean venturing forth, have ventured in small way and have promised to put leaflets through doors for local bid to break free from pirates.
Perhaps I should tell you how it was that when I looked in my pocket for the train fare to visit my dying mother twenty years ago, the roll of notes from the bank was gone, £80. Must have pulled it out accidentally with my keys, unlocking my bike by the supermarket. So I phoned up and said I have dropped my money, did anyone pick it up by chance? Indeed, said she, it is here, someone found it and handed it in.
That was just the other side of the place in the photo.
Attachments:
and once a very clever man said I would like to read you a poem. It had a chorus - you are a numbskull, he read, over and over again. It was translated from the Brecht.

this viiew through the stolen tennis courts shows the theatre on the left attached to the eighteenth century house, which was given to the people of the town, complete with walled garden.
Attachments:
had two exhibitions there. There are a few good people trying to bring a peaceful revolution to the town via the ballot box. Our petition to the Queen was ignored.

Should I tell you what happened last week when I accepted a neighbor's invitation to dinner?
She plonked a platter in front of me so full that every morsel of appetite fled.

Luckily there was a thirtteen year old boy at the table too, pale and thin with his long black hair parted in the middle, making a gap to glimpse him through. We conversed while the others plied themselves with shovelfuls.

Love the English countryside. Not to mention your history.

As the rain has come back to the Seattle area, I've been exploring English history via Time Team. I thank the great soul who posted the entire series on YouTube.

Meanwhile, if I should want to revisit America's barbaric past, I just have to go the store. 

Time Team is wonderful.  BBC out-classes us by far.  I really enjoyed the one with Brits and Yanks working together.  

Here is a moving picture from the other evening:

http://youtu.be/vIFjF3V9UaE
the derelict theatre

Maisie and I are up before the lark, pondering.
I used to enjoy Time Team. No more television in our house because I don't want to pay the licence fee to the BBC, their warmongering is beyond the pale, and I must not support it.

We can't watch the clips you posted to Time Team because it's blocked here on copywrite grounds. When I say we, of course I mean myself and me.

Damn "intellectual property" to hell.  Energy is free.  Art is free.  How come we can't be free?

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service