Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Stealing us blind.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When we were in Latvia we had to use this to access Netflix.  Perhaps something similar would let you access the blocked content.

Thank you Pan. I tried, but "your operating system is not supprted yet". ipad mini.
Went back to bed this morning at 5.30 and slept till after lunch. Huge pile of leaflets to deliver tomorrow, only 2 streets. How do postmen manage? Now the big question is, will Small help? She is visiting, so I thought I might meet her halfway and give her half the pile.
Attachments:

David Simon: 'There are now two Americas. My country is a horror show'

The Wire is the best drama series ever produced for television. I watched the whole thing earlier this year. And yeah, it's all about the futility and existential struggle that America's growing underclass faces. Basic message is this...there ain't no difference between politicians and thugs. Except maybe, politicians murder more people.

Nice of Oreo-bama to take a break from TPP negotiations to point out the 'soul-searching' we all need perform. Fucking asshole needs to perform his own soul search. He could start by reading this...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-28/baltimore-riots-stunning-c...

Many say this isn't a race thing.  I agree, it is an underclass thing....it just so happens that in many cities the underclass is heavily represented by blacks. As was true in the 30s, the bulls are beating poor hobos who are just trying to get by.  When Clinton became president by purposely not talking about the poor and then promptly upped the voodoo economics ante by increasing the neoliberalism train shipping out jobs it should have become clear to loyal Democrats that this is no longer the Party of FDR and LBJ. Obama's goal was to become Bonzo to Mr. Death Valley Days.  And the Republicans have gone so far off the Right end they would denounce St. Ronnie as a RINO.

The Democrats aren't FDR's Party, The Republican's aren't Lincoln's Party, and the Christian's aren't Jesus' religion.

Addenda in Wordpress is HERE.  

In the process of going to the Credit Union to find out why I was stone broke...  found out some ankle-biter has been dipping into my checking account for at least a year.  Never heard of em.  $20 a month.   For what?  Nobody knows.  

Tiedrich, probably.

Actually, that sucks Waldo. Can't believe your CU can't figure out who was making the withdrawals. How you s'pose to plug the leak if you don't know which pipe is leaking?

I received my second identity theft notice of the year recently. First one was about the Home Depot credit card breach. The most recent was from a company that stores my family's medical info. Not sure if letting our private information be easily breached hasn't been done on purpose as I'm sure a lot corporations would pay dearly for it. Been happening so often I decided to sign up for Identity theft protection.

Shit, I wish I had some happy news. Feel like all I do is bitch.

My guess is it's CitiCorp thru Best Buy (I know... I know... but I HAD to get this Book9+). But the computer is paid for.  Now.  I think. Anyway-- stopped all checks and applied for a refund.  It could also be a utility scam.  But now I am too broke to buy food or meds.  Don't eat much.  Can let the meds slide for a while.  Got just enough for beer.  

MAY DAY-- finished last class... and didn't physically assault any bureaucrats.  woowoo.  

Hey-- bitchfests are FUN!  So I mocked the fuck out of the department... and the kids laughed their asses off.  Never could quite do that before.  It felt just like taking a 3-day dump.  My speech is now improved enough to do that AND I started to be able to sing again!  

Might come in handy after I go blind.  And the weather today is GLORIOUS!!!  

Don't worry BO.  If I need any good vibrations I'll just go tongue a light switch.  

LOL. Yep, the weather is glorious here too. Helping to bring me out of my funk. Spent the whole morning watching music videos and now feel somewhat spiritually cleansed

And hey, the cops that broke that black kid's neck got indicted. Finally, something.

Taking the kid up into the mountains for his yearly diabetes camp thingy. So, I won't spend the day gawking at Gawker and get depressed.

Citicorp. Evil. Scumbags. I fart in their general direction.

Here is what happened.  It seems that I have been "renting" my off-peak water heater for $20 a month for the past 20 years or so.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service