Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Stealing us blind.

Views: 1333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, what the fuck happened to peace, love, and Ted Nugent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o15EbBVNXVM

Nowadays he totes his guns on stage. Back in the day, he shit his pants for 10 days so he could avoid the draft.

God bless america.
The Nuge claimed that he had no idea that the only hit the Amboy Dukes had was about drugs.

Hard to believe except he really seems to be as stupid as he claims to be.....
One pissed-off Irishman...

Look at it this way: In the midst of the Great Recession, the United States is suffering through nearly 10 percent unemployment and 50 million people without health insurance. A new report has found over 14 percent of Americans living below the poverty line, including 20 percent of children and 23 percent of seniors, the highest numbers since President Lyndon Johnson's War on Poverty. That's in addition to declining prospects for the middle class and a general increase in economic insecurity.

How, then, should we regard a country that has 5 percent unemployment, health care for all of its people, the lowest income inequality and is one of the world's leading exporters? This country also scores high on life expectancy, low on infant mortality, at the top in literacy, and low on crime, incarceration, homicides, mental illness and drug abuse. It also has a low rate of carbon emissions and is doing its part to reduce global warming. In all of these categories, this particular country beats both the US and China by a country mile.

Doesn't that sound like a country from which Americans might learn a thing or two about how to get out of the mud hole in which we are stuck?

Not if that place is Japan.

"The size of the penalties is miniscule in comparison with the profits."  The pharmaceutical companies defrauding the taxpayer even more than the "defence" industry.

http://citizens.org

And have you heard the good news about S510 the Food Safety Bill?

"The Senate was taking up the House Omnibus Spending bill for 2011 (H.R.3082); but because the Republicans were insisting that the Senate clerks read the entire 1,924-page, $1.4 trillion spending bill paragraph by paragraph – which would have taken 50 hours to read out loud – Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) has just decided late today to yank the bill (including S.510 within it).  In its place, the Senate may actually adopt Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) idea of passing a one-page spending bill as a temporary, two-month stop-gap.

However, it is too early to celebrate, so keep the pressure on to make sure that S.510, the so-called Food Safety bill, is not included in any substitute spending bill.  The Congressional leadership is working on a Continuing Resolution (CR) to fund the Federal government at this year's level.  However, even though S.510 is also dead as amendment to the Omnibus bill, it is not yet known whether it will be added to the to-be-completed CR.

Keep in mind that this will have to be passed by the House of Representatives as well.  So, process wise, it could well be a round of "ping-pong" with the CR.  The clock is ticking as this “lame duck” session comes to an end and still has many matters yet to deal with.

So, while we know that S.510 has been withdrawn along with the Omnibus bill, it is not clear if it is completely dead.  Our NHF lobbyist’s instinct says that it is dead for this Congress.  Let’s hope he is correct.

Stay alert and stay tuned to new developments.  S.510 may yet stay dead in its fresh grave, a death it fully deserves."

http://thenhf.com

Are you ready for this... how a "Xian Nation" celebrates the birth of the Prince of Peace:

I just got this from ol Stone's site.  And if you think THAT'S depressing, go over there right now and read "Please Feel Free to email Me."  Migawd I feel like krap.  Mebbe I'll just fucking die tonite.  Went to the tek uni to "record grades" widda fruff freeef gittim in on time bluster from the registrar... and the network would not log me on (AGAIN)... and really felt like krap.  Came home and gave the data sheet to Ms waldo saying, "here are the grades in case i don't make it."  She LOVES it when i do that.  but i aint gonna worry about it til tomorrow.  mebbe not even then.  feh.

I love my fellow man.

I love my fellow man.

I love my fellow man.

I love my fellow man.

I love my fellow man.

Submitted grades via the Uni's very user-unfriendly site the other night.  Completely counter-intuitive in its design.

The video is very effective in creating a gag response.

My family, after several annual Christmas family meetings to determine how we would approach gifting as adults, finally settled upon absolutely no obligation or guilt required.  Except, of course, gifts for my mother and (secondarily) my father.  My mother has always insisted upon the obligation - so much so that she, as Ms. Medusa notes "ruined your ability to give gifts".  And, in speaking with my siblings it is clear that I was not the only one who retracted from the constant nagging to send thank you cards, give gifts,etc. as our duty to those who we should love.

We still like to give home made artful gifts but there is always a huge risk involved in giving something that you have made and not having it enthusiastically received.  One time I gave my father a beautiful photo I took in a local field.  He became agitated and interrogated me on what kind of message I was trying to send him by giving him a picture of corn that was infected by a fungus.  Then they moved to their apartment in the retirement community and divested themselves of all sorts of stuff - including my baby pictures.  Difficult to give gifts to them when they need to have a material expression that their children love them while they have decided to unclutter their lives from extraneous trinkets.

Best place to talk about the 2011 State of the Union speech... The Kleptocratic Empire. 

No use breaking down the SOTU in terms of empty phrases, gaseous rhetoric and lip-service.  That's been going on ever since most of us can remember.  But the package HAS changed a little bit.  Very little bowf bowf about terrists and the enumees of feedom and mockracy.  Lots of steaming shite about "innovation" and "education."  "... we will reach the goal I set two years ago: by the end of the decade, America will once again have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world.'  

From the perspective of a paper-hat education worker, that would be useless as buns on a stone rabbit.  Not that there's anything wrong with college-educated gardeners and trash-collectors... as long as gardening and trash-collection pays a living wage.  The idea that USAns are going to be process-managers for the world is dead as Ronzo Raygun.  Time to redirect "profits" towards workers instead of investors... so more of us have something to "invest."  And we all know the "innovation" song:  give me a completely new idea with a proven track record, guaranteed success and zero risk.  Most of us old hippies have told a boss to pack that one in the pooter at least once.  And we've probably been "underemployed" ever since. 

So Bammo is in the same position... and the poor drone almost fell through his own asshole bending over backward to be "business friendly."  Well, ok, how bout them solar shingles?  Is that our "Sputnik Moment," or is this just more Joe-the-Plumber shit?  Fine, then let's nationalize the rail system and put a bunch of those smeggers atop every single high-speed rail depot we fantasize about.  Let's build them in every town over 100,000 and make sure the rail system goes there.  Let's start "educating" people to build and install them... in college or wherever... as a part of de-centralization and re-localization.  And it has to come from somewhere... which means the "war budget." 

From now on, let every jingo-flag war-toy fetishist get a cactus up the bum backwards and plugged with a nice "right-sized" Dole Pineapple.  How's THAT for fucking "innovation?" 

Nicely put, Waldo. Obama's hypocrisy has surpassed that of his Republican brothers. 

But what really disturbs me, is the developing message that the condition of the country is the result of our own (the governed) failure. It's a classic ploy of sociopaths to blame their victims. Obama has now gone from 'Yes we can' to 'It's your own damn fault.' I think he finally realizes that the country is too fucked-up to be saved, knows a backlash coming, and is now separating the government from the populace. The result will be a new form of despotism in which 'our ruler' is backed-up by the corporate state.

The kind of education the peeps need now is to learn where the real power lies, and that politics have nothing to do with this. That civil war is exactly what the government needs right now. What a perfect cover for a robbery that's been taking place for over thirty years.

We were wrong.....Obama isn't the third Bush, he's the second Clinton.  Triangulate, triangulate, triangulate.

Check out the Foucault Prototype... and what attempts to ground it may look like

The Ruckus Society's creative use of slipspace... maybe the birth of the spudnut meme ...methinks this outlines the nature of polarization in the US fairly accurately.  So let's all open potato donut shops.  Such is the power of myth.  Any "counter-myth" (or meme) has to emerge on its own organically. 

Meanwhile the Nazis... excuse me, "social Darwinists" will be pulling out all the stops as usal... to make sure the serfs think serfdom is "freedom." 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service