Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

WTF. We all know the global economy is going to hell in a hand basket. So, like passengers on the Titanic, I propose this thread to calm our nerves as the ship goes down. Let's share some music--videos, or MP3's.

Britney or Bob, Madonna or Mozart, whatever floats your boat (yuk).

Wanna share an MP3? You can usually find a link to your song here...

http://www.playlist.com/

Views: 397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can definitely attest to the fact that most of the wives I know seem to be carrying much more of the household burden these days. Been an war against us over 50 white guys. And a lot of us have been sent out to pasture before we needed to be. I know many families where the husband now stays home while the wife works. God bless 'em.

Certainly, us men would be lost without the stronger sex. Not so sure if women wouldn't be better off without us men.
Hey, me mom died a few days ago. I've been feeling like these guys...

Bo dear, that was so beautiful and true, you have me in tears.
People who know you deeply,
people you can trust to laugh back at you in those moments of duress
as you sail into the cresting seas,
their loss is massive.

I have found it slowly assuaged by the discovery
in habits of living and thinking, breathing and touching things,
especially in darkness and storm,
that beloved presence.
Thanks mouser. Beautiful, as always.
One of the very few music videos I've seen that rises to the level of art.

May you find shelter from the storm...

What's this, Dylan and band imitating the Taliban? A man always ahead of his time. Thanks, Pan.
Sorry to hear of your loss Bo. I saw my Mom over xmas and I was struck by how frail she had become mentally ... she's still with us ... but gone. We all know it's coming (to ourselves as well) - but anticipating the kick doesn't soften it.
Thanks Cal. My mom hadn't been able to converse with me for a few years. No matter. It's those intense memories from childhood that well up and create the pain. Didn't know I still had any.
Big nostalgia trip for me at the moment back to my childhood when my dad was still alive. I ordered some cd's from Amazon of music we listened to as a family in the 60's & 70's. Neil Diamond & The Seekers arrived yesterday & I only went to bed at 2 in the morning.

" target="_blank">
I was 11 years old and thought this was the most beautiful song in the world ...
We lived in the UK at the time ... did The Seekers make it to the other side of the Atlantic?

" target="_blank">
Something haywire with your video posts...but yeah, I remember the Seekers well.
shit BO... I'm so sorry for ye. As one of the old folk, you know how important it is that we pass in proper order. She would not have wanted it any other way.

Have a good cry on ol Waldo... rainy day, man.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service