Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Thought we might need a thread for news of civil disobedience, resistance and beyond. 

My 12 yo son told me the other day that the baby boomers were responsible for the world going to shit. I told him he was right. There were a few of us who held to our youthful ideals, but truth is..the vast majority of the boomer generation turned out to be scumbags. 

But what caught my attention was the fact that my twelve year old was echoing a new sentiment. Nope, he doesn't blame me--not yet anyway. But, it is interesting that he's already looking for someone to blame. His eyes are beginning to see through the bullshit. He gets it. 

Here's to those that fight back...

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes- exactly.  Nobody's hands are truly clean.  It IS a basic tenet of the UN Charter... but (hm-like the Uni) they gotta make nicey-nice with the FATs to get their "funding."  I would say, gut the fucking "capitalists" and TAKE their shit... they would do exactly the same for you- and WILL as soon as it is less "profitable" to make nicey-nice with the peasants (which they ARE beginning to do right now)... BUT that gets back into the same ol fucked-up cycle of violence which always (so far) ends with meet-the-new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss. 

I regret 1) not "tethering myself to the ground" when they decided to build a gym at Kent State, and 2) not firebumming a Federal Building in the run-up to the Iraqi Invasion.  Other than that... few others.  It is time to make my peace with the Universe, and the kids will just have to work it out as best they can.  If I had done either of those things, I would not be here.  The rest of the world generally has a much better-developed sense of their own History than we USAons who have had candy-ass lies beaten into our heads for at least 100 years. 

What %age of the US population will have to be affected personally... right now... before they walk like Egyptians?  "Jobs?"  That's a fucking joke that few will get until it pole-axes them square in their stoopid heads.  And then- because of their retarded sense of History- they'll probably opt out for an easy-answer-one-size-fits-all-quick-"fix" like a stoopid-fuck Palinesque version of Hitler.  Most USAons have no fucking clue that "WE" are a Rogue State... and that "WE" are the greatest threat to World Peace in modern times. 

I really can't imagine how the next 10 years will break down... and I can "imagine" a lot.  Civil War?  Nothing?  Something in-between?  What I can't imagine is how the-rest-of-US with the brain of a fly are going to peacefully co-exist with whatever %age of the population that is (even NOW) living in some made-up Reaganesque la-la land.  Today I had a shoot-the-TV moment listening to Charlie Rose actually take some recycled military "pundits" talking about the "Iranian threat" and (get this) the "Cuban threat" seriously.  Why didn't Charlie ask them what color the sky was in their fucking world? 

"Funding," I suppose. 

I am reminded of a thread somewhere that was something about We Are All Complicit.......

It feels as though there are toddlers in charge of the country, with no supervision, smashing everything up to see how it works and because they've been warned not to.

Philip Pullman writes about the planned library closures.

Ray McGovern in a spot of bother

Phone call to Washington Police, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - As Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave her speech at George Washington University yesterday condemning governments that arrest protestors and do not allow free expression, 71-year-old Ray McGovern was grabbed from the audience in plain view of her by police and an unidentified official in plain clothes, brutalized and left bleeding in jail. She never paused speaking. When Secretary Clinton began her speech, Mr. McGovern remained standing silently in the audience and turned his back. Mr. McGovern, a veteran Army officer who also worked as a C.I.A. analyst for 27 years, was wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt. 

Blind-sided by security officers who pounced upon him, Mr. McGovern remarked, as he was hauled out the door, "So this is America?" Mr. McGovern is covered with bruises, lacerations and contusions inflicted in the assault. 

Mr. McGovern is being represented by the Partnership for Civil Justice Fund (PCJF). "It is the ultimate definition of lip service that Secretary of State Clinton would be trumpeting the U.S. government's supposed concerns for free speech rights and this man would be simultaneously brutalized and arrested for engaging in a peaceful act of dissent at her speech," stated attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard of the PCJF.

Mr. McGovern now works for Tell the Word, a publishing arm of the ecumenical Church of the Saviour in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C.

http://www.justiceonline.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5553

Thanks for that, Mouse. Totalitarianism, fully illustrated. Let's hope that someday these people will pay for their crimes.

yeah... well unfortunately for the church-doinks, it's too-little-too-late.  about 40 years too late. 

conversely- "violence" is the only thing the pigs understand... and that is EXACTLY what they think they are prepared for (USA PATRIOT etc.).  Might makes right.  They are "social Darwinists" to the bone. 

I can not fathom what the "answer" will be... non-violence gets ignored... violence gets crushed.  mebbe when they run out of "money" to pay their goons.  I really can't get my brain around this. 

So far, it's Slipcraft-- "the art of not being there."  Slip the punch... get some lunch. 

Looks like the Wisconsin uprising will be coming to Indiana soon. You might need to grab yer e-tool and get ready to bang some heads.

I so hope the repubs make the mistake of hurting someone. That'd be enough to lite the fuse.

These are the benefits of living in a red state. No pun intended.

"They" are expecting an uprising in IndianaOur Man Comb-over makes Scooty Wanker look like Trotsky.  Likely it will be Kristallnacht for "statists" and libruls.  I would LIKE to take an e-tool to anybody who uses the word "statist."

And then there is the House defunding of Planned Parenthood.......

Planned Parenthood estimates it received a quarter of the $317 million in Title X funds appropriated last year. They use the money for pelvic exams, breast exams, safer-sex counseling and basic infertility counseling, among other things.

Seems to me that the US government has declared all out war against the peeps. The tax breaks given to the rich were far bigger in comparison to the social programs now being cut. We all know by now that the debates between dems and repubs are meaningless, staged events designed to create a diversion from the robbery taking place in broad daylight. It's sad that the peeps are taking so long to understand that the US government is a full-blown criminal enterprise and should be treated as such.

House Votes to Cut $60 Billion, Setting Up Budget Clash

WASHINGTON — The House voted early Saturday to slash more than $60 billion from the federal budget over the next seven months, showing how powerfully the grass-roots, antispending fervor of the November elections is driving the new Republican majority’s efforts to shrink the size and scope of government.

The vote, in favor of deep reductions in domestic programs, foreign aid and even some military projects, put the two parties on a path to a quick succession of showdowns over the deficit and the nation’s accumulated and growing debt. The debate has been made all the more bitter by long-simmering political feuds over health care, energy, social policy and a fundamental divide over the proper role of government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/us/politics/20congress.html?_r=1&...

't's coming... and if it does not start in Wisconsin... it will begin here.

"I believe this is the civil war we will have

to fight. All of us here are in line with what we have

to do, it's the reminder of the citizens we need to

reach with the truth." 

And the Truth, dear friends, is most of the peeps think "elections" are real and that "government" exists.  "Patriot Action."  What do you suppose THAT would be?  Starting a small experiment now... and a post with the results will be coming... but this site mirrors most of the peeps on Snarking Gatekeeper in '06... where anybody was banned for saying 1. there ain't a nickle's worth of difference, 2."Israel" is a Fort Apache Oil Outpost, and 3. "9-11" is an inside job.  The peeps are dummer... the grammar is worse... but it's all the same ol shite.  And guess what?  There is NOT any difference... we all have seen the Israeli brutality and war crimes in Gaza and nobody with the brain of a gnat "believes" the "official 911 bullshit" any more... but it's too late. 

One difference is... they ain't worried about "alienating the "swing-voters.""  They don't think there ARE any... just "Patriots" and "commie atheist scum" and they're all ready to "fight" for the Patriots... or the Colts... or the Bears.  Like so many blue-state believers, they think it's all a football game.  And when they wake up from the Amerikkkan Dream... they gonna be pissed at SOMEBODY... and it ain't gonna be themselves and their own blind-ass stupidity.  It's gonna be THEM... whoever  the weasel-pigs label as "them." 

From what I been seeing on SC, Queen T is no longer worried about "alienating swing voters," just keeping the site running.  (hm- thinks to self- wonder where Klownhead Matoon went).  hm-again- thinks more openly... unfair to fling "weasel-pigs" at "them," "they" just doin' they "jobs" like I used to do as a "professional propagandist" back when it wuz only sellin' burgers... fat-loaded cruelty-derived heart-attack blobs... but shit... i did not know that THEN... and even if i did, i probably papered it over with some kind of bullshit "ideology" like "...advertising is the voice of free choice."  yeah, i actually used to SAY that. 

"Wish that I knew what I know now...

They can't pile up the bullshit fast enough... preparing the peeps for "declare a victory and leave," which would have happened anyway... but they thought they could keep the scam going for at least another decade.  "It now seems more likely than not that the country can achieve the modest level of stability and self-reliance necessary..." bla bla bla... what crap.  Crap 10 years ago... crap now.  Emmanuel Goldstein.  Millions of USAons are still buying the bullshit... as long as they have electricity and an income.  Not much longer... as "global kapitalism" circles the bowl. 

But the "regressives" are serious... and they are, once again, going to try to hide behind the skirts of "states rights."  Stoney nailed it good over five years ago.  They are going to trot out the Elmer Fudd Guns they've been hoarding to "...go a-huntin' for wiberaws and big govuhment sociawists and gun contwow fweaks."  Wouldn't it be ironic if the kopz were on OUR side (for once)? 

Mess with their Unions, and it just might happen. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service