Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Thought we might need a thread for news of civil disobedience, resistance and beyond. 

My 12 yo son told me the other day that the baby boomers were responsible for the world going to shit. I told him he was right. There were a few of us who held to our youthful ideals, but truth is..the vast majority of the boomer generation turned out to be scumbags. 

But what caught my attention was the fact that my twelve year old was echoing a new sentiment. Nope, he doesn't blame me--not yet anyway. But, it is interesting that he's already looking for someone to blame. His eyes are beginning to see through the bullshit. He gets it. 

Here's to those that fight back...

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a reason why the cops and the firefighters have been exempted from Walker's union busting scheme.  But it seems that at least thefirefighters are with the teachers - even thePackers have lent their Super Bowl shine to the cause.

This accursed pdf file is Bob Altemeyer's comment on the teepartei movement.  It's only one page. opps... sorry... seven pages, now that it has finished loading.  

The "flaw" in Altemeyer's summary is that he (like so many others) STILL believes there is a "government" and a "process," which is "dissociative," a thing he (inaccurately, i believe) calls "compartmentalization."  But hey- i aint no shrink.  The idea that the "government" and "process" is GONE methinks is producing a "dissociative disorder" in ALL of us... so we keep talking about the "polarization" in artificial terms- which is exploited by the "social dominators" of every "class." 

Eyes thinking it would not hurt to revisit Gatto's Book as well. 

And nothing will be done because the elites have been totally successful in stalemating the peeps. Two opposing views, canceling each other out. That to me is the most frustrating aspect of this whole thing.

And why I believe 90% of Americans are complete idiots.

THIS is the Resistance: 

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.  

(Dirac Angestun Gesept)  

And THIS is the Resistance:

As a direct consequence of the betrayal of the British people by the collective political establishment, and others, the British Constitution Group is calling for Lawful Rebellion, as is our right under article 61 Magna Carta 1215.

The British Constitution Group

and The UK Column

Kind of a hundredth monkey thing going on now in regards to the number of global protests taking place. We'll have to import some muslims so we can get our own rebellion going.

Last night, the academy award winner for the movie, "Inside Job" pointed out that not one banker had gone to jail as a result of the mass fraud perpetrated on the American people. Hardly a mention of it in the news today. 

There is part of me that wonders if Marx's predictions weren't completely in error.....

The spiders seemed somewhat disturbed today when they were shown this video:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8383084962209910782#  I read "War Made Easy" when it came out.   

"...it was predominantly younger monkeys that learned the skill from the older monkeys through observational learning, which is widespread in the animal kingdom..." 

Yeah, I'm counting on that.  I told them the video was a 50-year-slow-motion train-wreck (we have been watching most of our lives) skinched down into about an hour... so you can actually see the wheels coming off and the eyeballs popping out of the shrieking heads pin-ballin down da pike 

"...older monkeys who did not know how to wash tended not to learn. As the older monkeys died and younger monkeys were born the proportion of washers naturally increased. The time span between observations was in the order of years."  Or centuries in our case.  

Them Civil War ghosts keep buzzin at me.  "C'mon over the fence, Waldo." they sez.  "C'mon over and have a chaw wit some real Union men!"  

Sorry boys, I gotta stay over here an show dem young boons how ta wash day spuds.  Like it's fukkin rockhit sinus or sum sech shoot... Jimminy Crochit, lads, leave me be.  Specks eye git thar buy in bye. 

Geezers just wanna shoot da dice wit me titanuminium ticker parts is all...  an diddle dey beards wit me lektrik wires.  

Dang scorbie lot. 

An ol Marxie jus got antsy-pants cuz he wuz off bout too hunnert yeers.  Grappy ol scudder bin hoppy ebber since Groucho won all his smokes.  Ptoo. 

Too Fucking Stupid to Fuck With 

Preparing a blog post and a strategy to poke some of the few with two brain cells who visit patriotactionnetwork (dot com) has fizzled into futility.  It's on the rail and rolling toward collision and there is nothing anybody can do to stop it.  You know about the long-term "money" behind the fascist movement.  Now, take a look at their "supporters," particularly the "comments."  Are these "real" people?  It does not matter. 

This is bigger than people.  It's bigger than "ideology."  It's the huge hand of fate.  It's things way beyond our control or comprehension taking on a life of their own.  It's monkeys playing with fire until the whole damn jungle flashes into an outdoor crematorium.  Maybe it would be possible to stick labels on the elements of the play... or even point out the historicity of this particular mix.  Or even make a James-Burke-style reality-based connection.  

Maybe one could bury themselves producing screeds and tomes with footnotes and filigree so future archivists will see it and footnote that there were people in the primitive past who had some kind of fucking clue.  It is highly unlikely that there will be such future archivists nor that they would footnote fuck.  It is easy enough to purloin the ponerology of presentism and assume the archivists would be to bizzly-buzz-bizzy to notice their monkey ass was on fire. 

That would be way too unfair to them, even assuming that they will exist. 

Delusion, hubris, and greed. Who ya gonna call?

Even these guys seem to have gone missing.

If I was a conspiracy guy, I'd guess the lack of concern on the part of our leadership, would certainly support the theory that they're expecting the die-off to occur in the not-too-distant future. Undoubtably, they've got their suitcases packed and bug-out plans made. Good for them. If they're lucky, they'll end up like that banker in the Twilight Zone.

Let 'em have it. At the end of humanity's run, I think the dead will be the lucky ones.

Oh they is gonna speak the conjurin' words... cos they aint gonna put they zombie "cause" in hallowed ground... an by then eye is just gonna be another passerby,

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service