Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Thought we might need a thread for news of civil disobedience, resistance and beyond. 

My 12 yo son told me the other day that the baby boomers were responsible for the world going to shit. I told him he was right. There were a few of us who held to our youthful ideals, but truth is..the vast majority of the boomer generation turned out to be scumbags. 

But what caught my attention was the fact that my twelve year old was echoing a new sentiment. Nope, he doesn't blame me--not yet anyway. But, it is interesting that he's already looking for someone to blame. His eyes are beginning to see through the bullshit. He gets it. 

Here's to those that fight back...

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Mother of God this is depressing. This is twice as depressing as when B$h got "elected" for a second "term." It's not like I didn't already know the citizenz of Krakkkerland were stock-dripping pig's-ass stupid. I've lived here most of my life. But Dan Coats into the Senate by a landslide. Follow that link. I mean-- Dan fucking Coats... the ultimate advocate and profiteer of stoopid.

Voting today was like stepping into a geriatric ward. With the possible exception of maybe 4 people... I was the youngest person in the place (and it was packed)... ME- and I'M older than FUCKING DIRT. Upbraiding the young folk today, I was hit with looks like, "...same reason I wasn't in the Shriner little-car parade." 'Voting' has been rendered so meaningless... so OBVIOUSLY meaningless... that "voting" to young people is like watching the Lawrence Welk Show.

And the sick-in-your-hat part is: they're right. "Voting" is a fossil-ceremonial diversion for nonagenarians. The kids accept living in an Oligarchy because it's all they (and their parents) have ever known. Yes, Chirpies, it has gone that fucking far. My g-g-g-generation agitated hard for the 18-year-old vote... and won it for them... only because we thought it would make a difference. Robo-mummies in comic-book costumes lip-syncing Chipmunk Gregorian chants.

We Hippos are just as clueless as the nonagenarians and the twerps. Always have been. Reality was colored by the little paint-pot we thought was important in the little window with the greatest synaptic shot at actually thinking. Our shot slapped brick in the dark alley of Pathos. We were aiming at Logos and hoping for Ethos. But Fortunado and Harpo hit us with a pie just as we clutched our honk-bulb. Our spoody landed in Doodyville.

Mid-term election 2010 is chikken-butt, chikken hen.
Here you go, Waldo. How can we even call ourselves a democracy, when we don't even have a viable justice system?

Read and weep...

Access To Justice In U.S. At Third-World Levels, Says Survey

A simple question: How can 'liberalism' even exist in such a country? Hint...the USA came in last among developed countries.

Snark snark. That's what's "left." At least krakkkerland's stupidity didn't go unnoticed. But as Scheer has said, "Let's not shoot the messenger." The more we snark on their stoopid, the stoopider they get. It's like B$h's "noo-cue-lar." In yer fukkin face, pointy-headed elitists. Although I say it, I still can't wrap my brain around the idea that "voting." is totally useless. If I really believed that, I wouldn't be so goddam depressed today. Maybe it IS all about the "rhetoric." Can't steer the runaway train... can't jump off it either. I'm at a loss.

I have no idea where these lunkheads are going, so maybe it's best just to hang on and brace for the crash. They have no clue that they are being scammed. "Are these amazing coincidences or orchestrated events?" All up for repealing "obamacare," but no mention whatsoever of the PATRIOT act. I should stop thinking about this shit. Maybe I should stop "voting..."

...even if just for "entertainment purposes only."
Absurdism holds the answer:

Suicide

Religion

Or keep on tryin'

Or maybe there's a forth alternative. Suddenly, I'm back looking at this idea again.
But that’s America. The people simply cannot put two and two together. Thinking is not an activity of the American public.

Indeed, Americans are incapable of thought on any subject.

And we wonder why are students are so bound and determined to not do anything but occasionally show up to our classes......
Aside from the obvious embrace of Paulistism, this video pretty much sums it up

"sports-team mentality," It's so pervasive most USAns can't even SEE it any more.

Trying to gin up a "war" in Korea... and nobody's interested now... because they're worried about their "jobs." NOW. Well... why not back when GATT-NAFTA... oh fuggit. I'm burned out. Seems like 10 years is the best I can do before I realize the douche-nozzles running THIS racket are exactly like the ones who ran the LAST racket. There is no escape... except maybe the long dirt nap.

"Fiscal conservatives." Whothefook is NOT a "fiscal conservative?" Well... unless you've been farting thru silk for several generations... and guess who "funds" the sock-puppets who get "elected." So we will continue to "maximize profit" until "money" is just ass-paper... and by then the silk-farts will have all their assets in land, food, water and mercenaries. Neo-feudalism.

Same as it ever was. Well... except maybe for hormone levels.
When I left lily-white Iowa college town and started teaching in the 'hoods of Oakland I was stunned at how early the black girls were becoming womanly. It's gotta be all the crap in the junk food.
don't seem to be able to edit my post to get the photo to show....
patrick and i were down in dallas last week, the medea benjamin article is pretty close to our experience, lots of discussions with ann wright, coleen rowley and ray mcgovern who are national treasures.
Here's a link to some important information about coffee, that staunch support of sanity, in the Journal of Alzheimers Disease:

http://www.j-alz.com/issues/caffeine.html

After all, we mustn't lose our marbles, must we, dears?

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service