Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Thought we might need a thread for news of civil disobedience, resistance and beyond. 

My 12 yo son told me the other day that the baby boomers were responsible for the world going to shit. I told him he was right. There were a few of us who held to our youthful ideals, but truth is..the vast majority of the boomer generation turned out to be scumbags. 

But what caught my attention was the fact that my twelve year old was echoing a new sentiment. Nope, he doesn't blame me--not yet anyway. But, it is interesting that he's already looking for someone to blame. His eyes are beginning to see through the bullshit. He gets it. 

Here's to those that fight back...

Views: 242

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yep. I drinks a ton every day. Keeps the bowels purged too.
Waiting for the morning two mugs to finish brewing.....the gurgling sounds of the drip machine are non-stop now.........almost ready!
Chris Hedges and others plan to chain themselves to the Whitehouse fence at the following rally...

Join the largest U.S. veteran-led civil resistance to war December 16.

Rally at Lafayette Park, Washington, D.C., at 10 am

March to the White House for civil disobedience.

http://www.stopthesewars.org/
Now, this shit gives me hope.

http://twitter.com/Anon_Operation
so much for hope

Hold up!

Sorry, the profile you are trying to view has been suspended.
Yep. That didn't last long. Their facebook page was shut down too. At least they shut Mastercard and Visa down for awhile. But hey, I'm still hoping. Best thing to happen in a long while.
Berkeley council weighs honoring accused in WikiLeaks case

BERKELEY -- Berkeley City Council members are considering a resolution that would declare the Army private suspected of leaking classified information to WikiLeaks a hero and would call for his release.
The council is expected to vote Tuesday on the resolution in support of Pfc. Bradley Manning, who is being held in a military brig. The resolution already has been approved by the city's Peace and Justice Commission.

Bob Meola, the peace and justice commissioner who wrote the resolution, said Manning is a patriot and should get a medal.

Commissioner Thyme Siegel, who voted against the resolution, said the measure is premature because the effects of the disclosures are not yet clear.
Federal officials have said such leaks could endanger lives.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_16806893

Julian Assange: To Catch a Somewhat Pasty Predator - The Daily Show...

Yesterday I heard of a soldier carrying a flower and borne aloft by the crowd.

Five minutes ago I heard John Simpson talking from Cairo, the army has been protecting the demonstrators from government thugs/security personnel/secret police.  Those that the demonstrators arrest they hand to the army.

Yesterday I heard of a soldier carrying a flower and borne aloft by the crowd.

Yesterday I heard of a soldier 

Carrying a flower 

And born aloft 

By the crowd 

(Reuters) - Former President George W. Bush has canceled a visit to Switzerland, where he was to address a Jewish charity gala, due to the risk of legal action against him for alleged torture, rights groups said on Saturday.

Fortunately there are still a few places left that have retained some sense of justice.

Are these the same Swiss who helped the Nazi's launder their money?

Or the Swiss who establish secret banking accounts for the extremely wealthy?

I don't know of a government that isn't inherently criminal at the top. You gotta wonder why the UN doesn't go after the war criminals. Seems like that would be a basic element of their charter.

Guess the Swiss might be trying to atone for past sins. Who knows.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service